[yast-devel] WebYaST: Improving 'rake package' task
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 12:52:59 +0200
Hi all,

As I said in today's WebYaST call I'd like to improve the 'rake package' task
which
by default package (almost) all files when making www.tar.bz2. It has happened
to me
several times that I by mistake packaged some temporary files (like .bak or
testing/experimental patch files) and build then failed because of installed but
unpackaged files.

There should be a better logic (like package only files which are in GIT) or an
explicit list of files. In standard YaST there is an explicit list in
Makefile.am files.

IMO an explicit list is more flexible and I'd prefer this solution.

What do you think about it? Any other idea how to improve it?

--

Best Regards

Ladislav Slez√°k
Yast Developer