[yast-devel] appliance status: 0.0.8
  • From: Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 11:02:36 +0200
(Sorry, still internal to Novell. We plan to have a public download this week)

1. Run the appliance
2. Point the browser to port 80 (*) (**)
Select the "localhost" item,
Log in as root, with password linux
3. Go through the base setup (time and language) (***)

- the rest server runs back on the usual port 8080 (*)

- removed samba and user modules, as they are buggy and low priority
- added custom service config (bnc#544332) but the icon is still missing
- I don't know what changed in the individual modules. We need to
fix this part

this mailing list, Bugzilla, irc (TODO improve this section)

*) in production it will run on a different port, see
I plan to switch it to temporary ports this week to prepare for that

- have the virtual machine set to network bridging
- tunnel out from the inside:
ssh -R 10080: \
-R 18080: \
-R 10022: \
(where is how the VM sees the host in a VirtualBox NAT setup)

***) Still not fixed: 500 after basesystem setup (bnc#543766)
touch /srv/www/yastws/vendor/plugins/basesystem/var/finish
and reload the page

Martin Vidner, YaST developer