Re: [yast-devel] WebYast: Documenting REST API - findings
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 10:36:11 +0200
On 8.9.2009 13:28, Ladislav Slezak wrote:

I'd like to integrate it into WebYaST, do you have an RPM package available
somewhere? If we use it in WebYaST we will need an RPM package in OBS, but I
haven't found it there.

(BTW 'rake package' fails, it seems that some files are missing in the SVN
repository, e.g. lib/restility.rb and the version file.)

I managed to create a gem for restility and a rake task for WebYast which reads
REST documentation from restdoc/ subdirectory in a plugin and generates HTML
to public/<name>/restdoc. (The same static overlay as in the web-client is

The documentation is then directly available on the REST service server
(e.g. http://localhost:8080/system/restdoc/index.html).

The generated HTML cannot be used in wiki directly (if we want to put the same
documenation online). Manual tuning is needed or I could create a wiki output
formatter (I guess that should be quite easy, there are already HTML and text
filter classes).

What do you think about it?

Best Regards

Ladislav Slezák
Yast Developer
Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960
190 00 Prague 9 fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic