Re: [yast-devel] WebYast: Documenting REST API - findings
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 10:36:11 +0200
On 8.9.2009 13:28, Ladislav Slezak wrote:

I'd like to integrate it into WebYaST, do you have an RPM package available
somewhere? If we use it in WebYaST we will need an RPM package in OBS, but I
haven't found it there.

(BTW 'rake package' fails, it seems that some files are missing in the SVN
repository, e.g. lib/restility.rb and the version file.)

I managed to create a gem for restility and a rake task for WebYast which reads
REST documentation from restdoc/ subdirectory in a plugin and generates HTML
output
to public/<name>/restdoc. (The same static overlay as in the web-client is
needed.)

The documentation is then directly available on the REST service server
(e.g. http://localhost:8080/system/restdoc/index.html).

The generated HTML cannot be used in wiki directly (if we want to put the same
documenation online). Manual tuning is needed or I could create a wiki output
formatter (I guess that should be quite easy, there are already HTML and text
output
filter classes).

What do you think about it?

--