Re: [yast-devel] Webyast base system model proposal
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 16:02:56 +0200
On 08/24/2009 09:43 AM, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Aug 20. 2009 14:39]:
In *basesystem branch* I create proposal implementation. Everyone could
try it.

Thanks !

What is missing from target implementation:
configuration is not read from YaML and target location but from
plugins/basesystem//config/basesystemsteps.conf and it is one line per
controller

Ok. Does Duncans 'settings' controller fit your needs ?

Yes, it was in plan and now I implemented it.

next doesn't save changes settings (Klaus do we want it?)

Yes, I think so. The 'basic setup' should just call other modules in
the right order. When one module is done, it should save the changes.

OK, then we must find some way how to ensure it. I think the best
solution is that each module must have something like general safe form
button which is called by javascript on "next" button and maybe same
after filter in application controller that in wizard mode redirect
after submitting this form to control panel.

communication is planned to changed, as some artifact remain from
previous implementation (and maybe we should better use ActiveResource
abilities)

Can you share more details please ?

OK, after discussion with mkudlvasr it now contains two fields. First
one is step definition which is array of strings. Strings is path to
redirect. second field is boolean which indicate if first boot is
already done.

e.g.

<basesystem>
<finish type="boolean">false</finish>
<steps type="array">
<step>systemtime</step>
<step>language</step>
</steps>
</basesystem>

no tests now (I know it is not test-driven development)

This should be the first thing to fix on monday morning ;-)

Backend already have tests (thanks to mkudlvasr). Frontend doesn't have
it, I hope it should have ASAP.
martin - could you do it?

Klaus
---

Josef Reidinger
YaST team
maintainer of perl-Bootloader, YaST2-Repair, webyast modules language
and time