Re: [yast-devel] Re: about the services module direction
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 09:58:28 +0200
* Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx> [Aug 20. 2009 16:11]:
On Tuesday 18 of August 2009 15:05:26 Jiří Suchomel wrote:
SERVICES::Get (string name) - get the status of given service (if name
does not exist under /etc/init.d/, it is searched in
custom_services.yml)

I'd propose to merge 'Read' and 'Get'. The service resource (at the
REST layer) should decribe the service and its state.

Agreed.

Well, maybe not.

Because it would take too much time if not only list, but also status were
requested for all current /etc/init.d services. It is also seen in YaST
runlevel module: first it reads (and shows) the list of services, than it
queries for each service status and updates the list with each arriving
result. In web UI, we could do it with AJAX calls.

CIM has similar constraints (i.e. instance attributes which are
'expensive' to calculate) and solves it which a flag.

We could adopt the same concept here and simply add a "?with_state=1"
to the REST uri.

Klaus

---