Re: [yast-devel] Re: about the services module direction
  • From: Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 15:57:52 +0200
On Tuesday 18 of August 2009 15:12:50 Klaus Kaempf wrote:

I strongly believe leaving the YaPI layer untouched and doing a simle
'YAML.load(...)' in the webservice controller has far lower effort.

+ for YaPI is security for free and using existing DBUS service

Calling YAML::LoadFile from Perl is equally simple as YAML.load in ruby,
isn't it

Not quite. By depending on perl:YaML you're adding a new package
dependency. We have to be extra careful with WebYaST external
dependencies and check for maintenance coverage.

Yes, that's the point where we differ. Plus points for YaPI are
- using existing dbus service
- security

while minus point is extra requirement of perl-YAML in some yast package.

You say, the minus is more important than the plus, I'm saying the opposite.

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960