Re: [yast-devel] Re: about the services module direction
  • From: Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 13:04:25 +0200
On Monday 17 of August 2009 12:39:31 Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote:
On Monday 17 August 2009 12:15:34 Jiří Suchomel wrote:
However, it was pointed by Klaus that current mandatory feature is to
start and stop just one vendor specific service (fate 306696). That's why
I commited new plugin that should do just such work: showing status of
one given service, starting and stopping it.

Jiri

Klaus pointed that we need to support one vendor specific service, how is
this implemented is different.

My original version was able to support any number of vendor specific
services, together with a vendor specific list of /etc/init.d scripts.

Klaus, could you clear it, so it we know what is really required?

My understanding from your last (+fate) comments is that you actually do not
want to mix standard LSB-complaint services with that given customer one and
only thing needed is the way to start and stop one custom service (or, maybe
better, application).

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960