[yast-devel] WebYaST: Vendor customization
  • From: Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 14:50:19 +0200
Hi!

There's already a feature present, it is https://fate.novell.com/307388:

Citing from feature description: "Ideally, there should only be a single
config dir (or file ?) covering all vendor customization.
All customization (the config file, branding images, web style css file(s),
etc.) should be contained in a single -branding package."

As I'm looking into services module, which should offer Start/Stop options to
vendor specific services (fate 306696), I also need some way to provide
vendor specific data. Here, the data are: the list of services to show (a
must) and optionally custom descriptions and paths to start/stop scripts to
such services.

So far, I'm using yml file (after Klaus' recommendation) as it is easy to
parse and human readable. See attached examples: one is for list of maps
(slightly better readable I assume), the second for map of maps (faster
access). The file is currently expected under /etc/YaST2 directory.

Technically, config file is parsed from YaPI which is called from
rest-service, so it is not bound to webYaST usage and theoretically could be
used together with YaPI from perl scripts.

Comments, ideas?

I have one to the feature description above: I'd rather vote for more config
files (under same directory) over just one-for-all, as it needs to be parsed
for each YaPI call.

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960
# The list of services that could be operated by webYaST services module.
# Add only name of service if there is /etc/init.d/<service-name> script
available.
# Otherwise, provide also service description and paths to start, stop and
status scripts.

services:
cron:
name: cron

dbus:
name: dbus

beagle:
name: beagle
start: "/usr/bin/beagled"
stop: "/usr/bin/beagle-shutdown"
status: "/usr/bin/beagle-ping"

collectd:
name: collectd
start: "/usr/sbin/rccollectd start"
stop: "/usr/sbin/rccollectd stop"
status: "/usr/sbin/rccollectd status"
# The list of services that could be operated by webYaST services module.
# Add only name of service if there is /etc/init.d/<service-name> script
available.
# Otherwise, provide also service description and paths to start, stop and
status scripts.

services:
- name: cron

- name: dbus