Re: [yast-devel] how to config bootloader/grub to correctly write menu.lst modifications at kernel upgrades?
  • From: PGNet Dev <>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:20:44 -0700
On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 9:00 AM, josef reidinger<jreidinger@xxxxxxx> wrote:
If I good understand question, then problem is that is used in this case
some partition-less technology, so grub should act on whole disc and
problem is that perl-bootloader doesn't support this case and don't
expect it.
So if I good understand it, could you provide some resource
about this technology?

re: pv-grub,

as per above, the capability has been officially added to xen source,

and is perfectly valid usage. commercial Xen hosting vendors
currently use it, e.g.,

where, interestingly, they actually offer openSUSE as a pv-grub DomU
target. which requires (hd0) be used as the grub root.

i'm not certain this is a perl-bootloader issue, but rather an issue
of an unpatched grub in opensuse -- i.e., one that can't handle the
valid case of (hd0) without the can't-read-the-filesystem error above

Also as that it is not supported It should not be
reported as bug but as enhancement and new feature to

non-members can't submit a thing there. and membership-requests are
simply not being responded to -- or at least not in a timely fashion.