[yast-devel] Building a system for automatic Recovery using Yast
  • From: "Leonardo L. P. da Mata" <barroca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 10:53:29 -0300
Hello, I'm thinking about a new usage of AutoYast (or at least a new
in my head), I'm thinking about building an automatic system recovery
for OpenSuse.

The idea is to install a system and then create an image of the
installed system and store into a partition of the disk.

This partition will contain the installer, with an autoyast.xml script
that will use this image to automatic restore the installed system
(like Sony does in its Notebooks).

I can boot the installer through the HD, but i can't use autoyast. I
don't know how to change the options on the manual-installer to use
the autoyast. if i enter in the expert mode i can change config
passing "autoysat=file:///autoyast.xml", but i don't know how to boot
through the HD in the expert mode. Can you help-me?

How do i change the "install url: cd:/" option?

It is possible to change the installer to automatic look for the data
in the HD instead of CD or USB?

Is there any detailed documentation about the installation process?

As conception sounds good, but I need to mature this idea, do you have
any suggestions, information or ideas to give?

Thanks.

--
Leonardo Luiz Padovani da Mata
barroca@xxxxxxxxx