Re: [yast-devel] Add-On CD to target multiple platforms?
  • From: Jiri Srain <jsrain@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:01:24 +0200
Hi!

On the other hand, what could be achievable, is to have multiple repositories
(one for each product) on one physical CD/DVD (simply create separate
repository for each product and copy them to different directories on the CD).
Then update (or create) the /media.1/products file in the root of the CD so
that it contains one line for each product, resp. version (each line consists
of directory_on_the media <space> product_name).

That's the theory. I don't know whether it has already been tested on real
products or whether some piece is missing. And as drawback, the user still has
to choose manually which version of the product he wants to use.

Jiri