Re: [yast-devel] Install packages by supplements from YCP?
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 16:16:00 +0100
Ladislav Slezak wrote:
is it possible to install packages from YCP by using the supplements
information?
[...]
There is Pkg::PkgQueryProvides() call, but it works with "provides" set,
"supplements" is something different :-(

I had another idea, I thought that Pkg::ResolvableDependencies("", `package, "")
could be used to manually search for the package which supplements
"filesystem(xfs)"
capability.

This also doesn't work - Pkg::ResolvableDependencies() tries to resolve the
dependency - the result contains package names instead of required files
(e.g. "prequires: /sbin/ldconfig" is converted to $["dep_kind":"prerequires",
"name":"glibc", "res_kind":"package"])

This is nice, but it's completely wrong for "supplements:
namespace:filesystem(xfs)"
capability, it cannot be resolved to a package, the result map contains empty
strings. That's a bug in Pkg::ResolvableDependencies() function.

--

Best Regards

Ladislav Slez√°k
Yast Developer