[yast-devel] yast web service lighttpd startup errors
  • From: "Duncan Mac-Vicar P." <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 01:01:09 +0100

First error:
/usr/sbin/lighttpd: Symbol `FamErrlist' has different size in shared
object, consider re-linking

traced to:
http://www.nabble.com/Bug-437307:-lighttpd-fails-to-restart-after-update-td12107383.html

lighttpd requires libfam.so.0, which is provided by fam, or by gamin
(http://www.gnome.org/~veillard/gamin/). What is gamin? an alternative
gnome implementation, which like other examples (avahi, pulseaudio)
provide an non-working alternative for a working system. I had gamin in
my system from packman somehow. Argh! removed. Should we conflict with it?

The startup error
socket failed: Address family not supported by protocol

Is because I had ipv6 disabled, but yastws config had it enabled,
changing yastws's lighttpd.conf:
server.use-ipv6 = "disable"

May be this setting should be dynamic?

Now http://localhost:8080/ I get

YaST-Webservice REST Interface!!!!! yay.

Cheers
Duncan