[yast-devel] YaST Workshop 2008
  • From: Michal Švec <msvec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 11:56:31 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all,

first of all I'd like to thank you for the hard work on openSUSE 11.0,
it's definitely going to be a great release!

Having said that I'm pleased to announce YaST Workshop 2008, taking place
in Nuremberg, June 30 to July 4.

The main goal is to move YaST further, both in terms of functionality, but
also higher flexibility and more openness. We want to give developers a
chance to work on something new, something we often neglected for some
time, something cool and also have fun with that.

The details about the workshop can be found here:
http://en.opensuse.org/YaST/Events/Workshop_Nuremberg_2008

As it is supposed to be a team work, I'd like to encourage you to have a
look at the ideas, enlist yourself at those you would like to work on and
use the time until the workshop to look around the topics and learn new
things, possibly using your ITO. The list of ideas is not closed so
anybody can expand the list with further ideas.

Also, if you would like to work with a collegue from a different team or
department on the project, feel free to invite him to take a part (and let
us know in order to prepare the logistics).

I strongly believe this would be fun and useful as well and I'm looking
forward to it.

Thanks
Michal