Re: [yast-devel] SCR Agents: etc_ssh_sshd_config.scr vs sshd.scr
  • From: Stefan Hundhammer <sh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 15:25:18 +0200
On Wednesday 02 April 2008 15:16, Lukas Ocilka wrote:
This is documentation? You're kidding, right?

Click on an agent path to see what happens.

Well, yes - sometimes I get a rudimentary example (no real explanation, of
course), sometimes not even that. Often there is not even any word about
parameter or return values.

Really, IMHO this is completely worthless. A few examples:

http://forgeftp.novell.com/yast/doc/SL11.0/scr/108.passwd.html
http://forgeftp.novell.com/yast/doc/SL11.0/scr/109.pattern.html
http://forgeftp.novell.com/yast/doc/SL11.0/scr/105.network.html

Lately there was a discussion about YCP and why many people consider it
inferior to other scripting languages. But frankly, I see many of our
other "tools" (in particular SCR) as a much bigger obstacle for community
involvement. Who would like to program in a development environment like
this?

CU
--
Stefan Hundhammer <sh@xxxxxxx> Penguin by conviction.