Re: [yast-devel] Yast2 sw_single crashing on startup in 10.3 (zypp:svn Repository)
  • From: Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:38:04 +0100
Dňa Tuesday 19 February 2008 09:04:50 Dominique Leuenberger ste napísal:
On 2/19/2008 at 09:29, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

You really shouldn't use the repo for real life systems. You would need
to recompile all your yast modules. It's mainly meant for zypper users.

Stephan, and all other hackers.

This brings me to an idea: how can we create a text (sort of license text,
mandatory to be displayed at installation, like for java or acrobat), that
could warn about such issues?

like a 'last minute read this or fix it yourself' infor message? then we
could have some texts like 'If you install this package, please be aware
that your system might not work anymore afterwards... those packages are
for tests only'

I believe we used to have this functionality in the old packagemanager. We can
misuse license if really needed.

Stano