Re: [yast-devel] libyui throwing exceptions
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 14:14:28 +0100
* Stefan Hundhammer <sh@xxxxxxx> [Jan 08. 2008 14:01]:
On Tuesday 08 January 2008 13:52, Klaus Kaempf wrote:

Can we put a bit more information into the 'No dialog existing' popup ?

Like what? Like the bizarre technical stuff the exceptions dump to the log
file?

I think we have sufficient of that ;-)

How about

"Ouch !
A YaST dialog was supposed to appear here but
something went wrong.
We're sorry for the inconvenience.
Please ensure that your system is up-to-date.
If this error persists, please report it on
http://bugzilla.novell.com";

Logging it and exiting with a proper, defined return code.

We are doing exactly this. [...]

We have a list of properly defined exit codes from YaST to be used by
scripts (yast command line interface) or control-center ? I didn't
know that.

To be picked up by the control center and reported in a user readable way.

How can there be a user readable way for this?

See above.

Klaus
---