Re: [yast-devel] PackageKit
  • From: Joerg Kress <jkress@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 13:13:00 +0200
Hi Ricardo,

On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 12:59 +0100, Ricardo Cruz wrote:
Hi there,

I was told of this project: http://www.packagekit.org/
They aim to do a common interface for package and patch management for
all distributions, which just need to hook their package system as a
backend.

It doesn't seem to have a text interface, and it could be a problem
with regard to the installation integration. It would still be nice to
consider it. What do you think?

I'm currently working on the basis of this. You need some updated
packages for STABLE to compile PackageKit. I hope to have it running by
the end of the week with the yum backend. After that we can look into
creating a zypp backend. Should be fun!

Ongoings: look for home:joshkress:PackageKit in the buildservice. As
soon as the tools are working with yum backend, I will post a howto in
the wiki.

Josh
--
Joerg Kress <jkress@xxxxxxx>