Re: [radeonhd] Radeon HD 6480G not supported
On 19.01.2012 11:17, Florian Hülsmann wrote:
Hey folks,

I couldn't find a bug tracker for this project, so I think you're ok with e-mail...

After failing to boot up any (desktop) Linux distribution on my new ThinkPad E525, that uses the Radeon HD 6480G graphics card, I finally managed starting X with the proprietary fglrx driver.

It would be great to have an open source graphics driver for this purpose and would also like to know if I can help in any way to get the 6480G supported by radeonhd, but I just have very basic C experience...

Thanks for all your work!

Hi Florian,

the radeonhd project is practical dead, please use the xf86-video-ati driver with a recent distribution instead.

Regards,
Christian.