Re: [radeonhd] 0x954F:0x174B:0xE990: ATI Technologies Inc RV710 [Radeon HD 4350]
  • From: Michał Nazarewicz <m.nazarewicz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 22:11:46 +0100
On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 21:39:48 +0100, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Check your xorg log and dmesg to see why acceleration failed. Most
likely you have the fglrx kernel module loaded or you have kms enabled
in the radeon drm which only works with radeon.

Thanks! I'd never guess to check dmesg. It turns out I was lacking
firmware. So finally, after a few days of struggle, I'm getting
somewhere.

However, I'm experiencing some unpleasant blinking and after
turning acceleration on. This happens both on git/master version
as well as the one bundled with Debian (commit 8cbff7bf).

Also, I'm still heaving problems setting dual head setup where
both screens are rotated. I've tried playing with xrandr but
couldn't get it to work and after adding Option "Rotate" "left"
to "Monitor" of xorg.conf the screens just went black and there
was no reaction to keyboard.

--
Best regards, _ _
.o. | Liege of Serenely Enlightened Majesty of o' \,=./ `o