[radeonhd] no compositing (gnome/kwin) with FireGL v5200
  • From: Antenore Gatta <antenore@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 09:02:17 +0100
Hello,

I'm quite sure I did some mistake in the configuration, so before to
open a bug I'd be really glad if someone can help me to troubleshoot
my issue.

I've an ATI mobility Firegl v5200 (lenovo T60p)

I pastebin some info at http://pastebin.com/m40597c37

I've first moved from using the fglrx to radeonhd 1.2.4, as I was
quite happy with it (just really slow), I've upgraded to the last
versions of radeonhd (from mesa 7.7.2) and kernel 2.6.32

2D works perfectly, 3D works with OpenGL applications (I tried
glxgears), but not the compositing with Gnome and/or kwin (AIGLX, glx,
dri and composite are enabled).

Do you kindly have any hint to find out where is the problem?

Thanks you very much

Regards
Antenore