Re: [radeonhd] Re: Succeeded in compiling radeonhd 1.3.0 on first try!
  • From: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 00:16:28 -0500
On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 12:13 AM, Dave Witbrodt <dawitbro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Alex Deucher wrote:

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 9:42 PM, Dave Witbrodt <dawitbro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Alex Deucher wrote:

$ glxgears
IRQ's not enabled, falling back to busy waits: 2 0
drmRadeonCmdBuffer: -22. Kernel failed to parse or rejected command
stream.
See dmesg for more info.

$ dmesg
[...]
[ 8128.797480] [drm:r600_cs_packet_next_reloc_nomm] *ERROR* No packet3
for
relocation for packet at 45.
[ 8128.797490] [drm:r600_packet3_check] *ERROR* bad SET_CONTEXT_REG
0x28014
[ 8128.797496] [drm:r600_cs_legacy] *ERROR* Invalid command stream !

Update mesa.  The proper fix is in the 7.6 branch and master.  That
register isn't used yet in mesa and requires a reloc when it
eventually will be used.

Hmm, thanks for the info.  Looks like commit #37676b39... is the fix?

Yes.

OK, I cloned the mesa git repository yesterday, but postponed a rebuild of
Mesa until I could look carefully at the warnings from the Debian build
scripts.  After carefully inspecting the output (which report that some
files "installed" to the temporary build directory ended up not being
packaged) I discovered that nothing was wrong in this regard:  I saved an
earlier log of a build of Debian's official mesa-7.6, and the same warnings
about missed files appear there.

So I updated the Debian changelog to reflect the nonofficial build, and made
some new DEBs.

Everything that worked before still works... and 'glxgears' now runs OK.
 Woohoo!

I still get the IRQ warning (seen above) when I run 'glxgears':

   IRQ's not enabled, falling back to busy waits: 2 0

Same happens with 'glxinfo':

   $ glxinfo |head
   IRQ's not enabled, falling back to busy waits: 2 0
   [...]

This is expected for now as the drm lacks irq support for r6xx+
hardware. The code is written, just pending IP review for release.

Alex