Re: [radeonhd] DRI issues with 0x9495:0x1682:0x0028: Radeon HD 4650
  • From: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 16:04:04 -0400
On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Louis Hilden<louis_hilden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, I really need to get DRI working with the card because without it, 2D
performance is unbearable.  However, enabling DRI with this card results in
some initial screen corruption of the Ubuntu splash screen and then a blank
screen with just a mouse cursor.

The PCI IDs for this card were just added to the kernel, drm, radeonhd and
mesa for this card and I think I've installed all of the correct packages.
Please let me know if I'm missing something:

The problem is you have an AGP card. I would suggesting fiddling with
the AGP options in the bios if there are any. If that doesn't work,
you can try the radeon driver (xf86-video-ati) and add:
Option "BusType" "PCIE"
to the device section of your config. That will enable the use of the
on-board gart rather than the AGP gart.

Alex