Re: [radeonhd] RS600 still not working
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 16:10:54 -0500
On Monday 29 June 2009 05:17:37 am Dariem Pérez Herrera wrote:
Dariem Pérez Herrera escribió:
Alex Deucher escribió:

The radeon driver should have the correct bits for indirect MC access
on RS690/740 and RS600. Note that RS690/740 and RS600 are different
WRT MC setup. See:
RADEONINMC()
RADEONOUTMC()
radeon_get_mc_idle()
in radeon_driver.c for the relevant regs and bits.

Alex

Alex,
What about the difference between MMIO register space used by radeon
driver, and PCIe register space used by radeonhd? Is there any way to
convert from the first to the second and vice-versa? Is it relevant at
all?

best regards,

Dariem

Forget the previous message, now I'm seeing radeonhd source code and I
can see _RHDWriteMC() uses RHDRegWrite() to write MC for RS600, which is
an alias for MMIO_OUT32() with some level of indirection ;-) . Thanks
anyway.

Dariem

Dariem,

I'm not a programmer, but I have a laptop with the RS690M and I'm happy
to test patches, etc. if you need help there.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC