Re: [radeonhd] xbacklight does not works again ?
  • From: Egbert Eich <eich@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 19:14:06 +0200
Matthias Hopf writes:
Anybody any ideas why this is still inside NOT_YET? What do you think,
can this be enabled unconditionally?

No, this will crash unfortunately.
Unfortunately the comment in the log is misleading.

Can someone explaing me why we have two functions LVDSSetBacklight? In:
rhd_dig.c
rhd_lvtma.c

These are two different backends. They both seem to use the LVTMA
registers, though. Strange. Maybe the DIG one was copied over but never
adapted, maybe the backlight is always controlled by LVTMA?!?

DCE3.0 LVTMA is different from earlier versions.