[radeonhd] Re: [arch-general] Weird OpenOffice Disappearing Menu and Toolbar Text?
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 12:55:53 -0500
David C. Rankin wrote:
Listmates,

<snip>
I am also cc'ing this to the radeonhd list in case it is related to the
driver. I have the same setup (same laptop) with suse 11.0 with the same
openoffice version, but all is fine there. I am trying to determine whether
this is an Arch package issue, an openoffice issue, or a radeonhd issue.

Since oo works fine on suse 11.0 with the fglrx driver, I think we can
eliminate it being an oo issue. That leave the potential of it being an Arch
package issue or a radeonhd issue. I don't know how to test to determine which
it is.

Can anybody think of a test that could be run to narrow it down? I will
switch
to the radeon driver and test, but beyond that, I can't think of anything else
to try. Any thoughts? --- Thanks.

Hmm...,

This is looking more like an Arch packaging issue. I tested on another
Arch
x86_64 machine with the same setup but that box has an NVidia 8800GT card in
it. Same results. I went ahead and captured a screenshot to provie additional
detail:

Here is a shot showing blank Style and Font Size combo boxes in
oo-writer. The
text in the boxes randomly comes back and then disappears again after a hover
or an activate of the combo box. Note the cursor is in the Font combo-box so
there is no reason the Style or Size boxes should be blank.

http://www.3111skyline.com/download/Archlinux/bugs/oo-writer-disappearing-text.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the version information:

http://www.3111skyline.com/download/Archlinux/bugs/oo-writer-version.jpg

If somebody else can confirm, I'll write the bug report. "Where" is the
issue
again, arch or chakra? Let me know if you have any additional information.
Thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC