[radeonhd] Re: [arch-general] Weird OpenOffice Disappearing Menu and Toolbar Text?
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 12:55:53 -0500
David C. Rankin wrote:

I am also cc'ing this to the radeonhd list in case it is related to the
driver. I have the same setup (same laptop) with suse 11.0 with the same
openoffice version, but all is fine there. I am trying to determine whether
this is an Arch package issue, an openoffice issue, or a radeonhd issue.

Since oo works fine on suse 11.0 with the fglrx driver, I think we can
eliminate it being an oo issue. That leave the potential of it being an Arch
package issue or a radeonhd issue. I don't know how to test to determine which
it is.

Can anybody think of a test that could be run to narrow it down? I will
to the radeon driver and test, but beyond that, I can't think of anything else
to try. Any thoughts? --- Thanks.

This is looking more like an Arch packaging issue. I tested on another
x86_64 machine with the same setup but that box has an NVidia 8800GT card in
it. Same results. I went ahead and captured a screenshot to provie additional

Here is a shot showing blank Style and Font Size combo boxes in
oo-writer. The
text in the boxes randomly comes back and then disappears again after a hover
or an activate of the combo box. Note the cursor is in the Font combo-box so
there is no reason the Style or Size boxes should be blank.

Here is a screenshot of the version information:

If somebody else can confirm, I'll write the bug report. "Where" is the
again, arch or chakra? Let me know if you have any additional information.

David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC
510 Ochiltree Street
Nacogdoches, Texas 75961