Re: [radeonhd] Laptop Heat with radeonhd??
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 14:22:31 -0500
Rafał Miłecki wrote:
2009/5/20 David C. Rankin <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Rafał Miłecki wrote:

As Matthias mentioned, we downclock engine only. Ideally we should
downclock memory and power off some chipsets.

Anyway, you should see some difference. Can you attach your
/var/log/Xorg.0.log so we can be sure you used right version of
radeonhd and right options?

Rafał,

Sure, I'm more than happy to. The Xorg.0, Xorg.1, and xorg.conf are
attached.
In case they don't come through, I've also posted them on my site in the
following directory:

http://www.3111skyline.com/download/linux/radeonhd/downclock/

In your Xorg.0.logs there is no info about seeing
Option "ForceLowPowerMode"
line. Don't understand that. Does file you attached was located in
/etc/X11/xorg.conf? That's the file Xorg.0.log seems to use.

Rafał,

I can't explain it either. The xorg.conf sent, and the one posted at:

http://www.3111skyline.com/download/linux/radeonhd/downclock/xorg.conf

is the xorg.conf that was in place when the log file:

http://www.3111skyline.com/download/linux/radeonhd/downclock/Xorg.0.log

was created. I grepped through the log file and I can't find anything
to say
that the ForceLowPowerMode option was even applied. I will swap hard drives
again and create a fresh set of logs to post. Thank you for your help.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC