Re: [radeonhd] RE: Latest Version of Radeonhd - Very Slow & Compiz White Screen of Death
  • From: Yang Zhao <yang@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 01:00:18 -0700
2009/5/20 David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E. <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On or about Wednesday 20 May 2009 at approximately 02:19:30 Yang Zhao
composed:
2009/5/20 David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E. <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On or about Tuesday 19 May 2009 at approximately 16:38:28 Bridgman, John

composed:
The log indicates that the radeonhd driver was built without DRI support

"(WW) RADEONHD(0): DRI support has been disabled at compile time"

I think this usually relates to a missing or mismatched header file;
noticed you updated to 2.6.29 kernel, maybe libdrm headers are out of
date or something ?

The release notes said that DRI was disable by default now due to problem
with the 7000 series whatever.... How can I enable it? I'll check for an
autogen option. If you have it handy, I'd appreciate it, thanks.

The default compile time option is to enable DRI. The release notes is
referring to runtime DRI option.

Make sure you have all the necessary headers installed.

       I have the latest drm package from xorg, cloned it built it and
installed
radeon.o drm.o, what other packages might I need. I'm building on Archlinux
x86_64.

libdrm-2.2, xf86driproto, and glproto headers are required to compile
DRI support. I don't know what the corresponding packages are for
Arch.

--
Yang Zhao
http://yangman.ca