Re: [radeonhd] 0x9598:0x1043:0x01DA: ASUS EAH3650
  • From: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:16:53 -0500
On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 8:50 PM, Drew Van Zandt <drew.vanzandt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The video performance is abysmally slow (on a motherboard with a
quad-core CPU and 6GB of RAM); in particular things like "smooth
scrolling" in Pidgin or PDF viewers are slow enough that it reminds me
of 486-era graphics.  It's an order of magnitude worse than my old
system was.  ASUS graphics card has 512MB of RAM, I noted a message
about it only using 256 for some BIOS-related reason, but couldn't
find anything settable in the BIOS.

Is there any info I could get you that would help debug?   (Or is this
an easy one I should have found via Google?  I did try...)

What version are you running? Are you trying the new EXA code? We
need a bit more information. Please post your xorg log.

Alex