[radeonhd] 0x71C5:0x103C:0x309F: ATI Technologies Inc M56P [Radeon Mobility X1600] in HP nx9420 laptop
  • From: Rutger van Bergen <rbergen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 18:55:57 +0100
Hello,

Problems I experience with the card and radeonhd driver:

DRI doesn't work; seems to be related to a "radeon" kernel module
failing to load. I have noticed that the "radeonfb" kernel
framebuffer driver (gentoo-sources 1.6.27-r8) also doesn't load, I
guess because it doesn't recognize the card.
In about 25% of the times that the monitor switches from text console
to X or vice versa, the screen turns white with black stains that
slowly move around the screen (exact behavior is difficult to
describe, but it is kind of like a black-and-white image of a partly
clouded sky on a nearly windless day...)

I tried to attach my Xorg logfile for your reference, but that caused
my message to be rejected. Please let me know if you would like to
have a look at it afterall, or for any additional information you may
need.

Best regards,

Rutger van Bergen