Re: [radeonhd] xvideo - high CPU/run away process
  • From: JP Fournier <jape42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 16:10:02 -0500

First i need some more info at what resolution/refresh rate you guys are
running and what kind of video (resolution) you are running to trigger
this behaviour.

Well, in my case my resolution is 1080p60 (ie 1920x1080 60 FPS) over HDMI.
The recorded video is 640x480. High CPU happens when playing back video, but
the runaway process only happens when zooming in to remove letter box (same
scenario as described by Patrick).

Prior to this commit XOrg would generally consume 25% of a single core on my
dual core AMD 5200 under the same scenario.

regards,

jp