[radeonhd] man pages suggestions
  • From: "Fabio" <fabio.ped@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 12:04:22 +0100
Hi, I am using radeonhd 1.2.4 with my RV530 and want to report some things:

1) the man page should say that disabling DRI also disable EXA Composite
(RENDER acceleration) and AIGLX. Also it would be nice if that option also
says why DRI is not enabled by default (stability?).

2) the gitweb address on the "SEE ALSO" section has changed to:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-radeonhd/

3) Option "ScaleType" documentation in the man page:
a) typo: "scaling both up and down.i"
a) center means not to scale but center the image on the panel i.e. apply a
black frame around the image on the panel in case the panel
resolution is lower than the one of the external display.
here "in case the panel resolution is lower than the one of the external
display." should be changed to "if the resolution of the external
display is lower than the panel resolution." (the same of the "none" mode).
b) the difference between "default" and "none"/"center" is not very clear to
me; are "none"/"center" supposed to modify aspect ratio?
c) the "scale_keep_aspect_ratio" comment is not very clear.

Thanks!

Fabio