[radeonhd] Rotation Support pushed.
  • From: Egbert Eich <eich@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 17:11:47 +0100

Hi folks!

I've just pushed support for screen rotation.

Thus a feature that has been asked for by many users
is finally available in RadeonHD.

There are some limitations, most notably we don't support
rotation when no acceleration is available.
If there is a strong demand for it it can be implemented
at least for the case where we have no acceleration at
all (AccelMethod is set to NONE) but it will be terribly
slow as we need to paint to local memory twice for each
drawing operation.
You really want to use rotation with EXA as this is able
to perfrom the rotation operation in hardware.
Furthermore panning is not supported on a rotated screen.
Implementing this would either require some changes in the
RandR code of the Xserver itself or some horrific kludges
inside the driver.

As always, please test and let me know if you encounter
issues.