[radeonhd] Re: donation 2x radeonhd ati pci-e HD3450 LP for europian xorg developer
  • From: Tiago Vignatti <vignatti@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:47:26 -0200
Jelle de Jong escreveu:
Jelle de Jong wrote:
Hello everybody,

I recently bought two cub 3d hd3450 ati radeonhd 16x pci-e devices for
an multigpu muliseat setup. However currently the radeonhd does not
support this. It does not want to setup the second card I tried both the
randr 1.2 as the official xorg configuration styles. I posted logs on
the radeonhd mailinglist, but multigpu support does not seem to be an
development priority. So I was forced to buy nvidea cards and install
nvidia kernel crap to get my systems working like I needed.

Now I got two spare devices, that I can either return to the shop or
donate to an European developer. The only thing I would like in return
is to get personal emails about the status of the multigpu/multicpu
support and that it will be working in 6 months. If that is unreasonable
we can workout something else. I do need to know what to do in a short
time because of guarantee issues on the devices.

Somebody made the suggestion to add some more information, I indeed
forgot to post the links to my some other messages on the mailinglist:

http://lists.opensuse.org/radeonhd/2008-10/msg00219.html
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2008-October/039624.html

I also tried a lot of other configuration, both official and randr 1.2
style configurations, not all are included in the logs or archives.

yeah, the logs is telling our lack of posting secondaries.

Tiago Vignatti
C3SL - Centro de Computação Científica e Software Livre
www.c3sl.ufpr.br