[radeonhd] Re: donation 2x radeonhd ati pci-e HD3450 LP for europian xorg developer
  • From: Jelle de Jong <jelledejong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:02:14 +0200
Jelle de Jong wrote:
Hello everybody,

I recently bought two cub 3d hd3450 ati radeonhd 16x pci-e devices for
an multigpu muliseat setup. However currently the radeonhd does not
support this. It does not want to setup the second card I tried both the
randr 1.2 as the official xorg configuration styles. I posted logs on
the radeonhd mailinglist, but multigpu support does not seem to be an
development priority. So I was forced to buy nvidea cards and install
nvidia kernel crap to get my systems working like I needed.

Now I got two spare devices, that I can either return to the shop or
donate to an European developer. The only thing I would like in return
is to get personal emails about the status of the multigpu/multicpu
support and that it will be working in 6 months. If that is unreasonable
we can workout something else. I do need to know what to do in a short
time because of guarantee issues on the devices.

Somebody made the suggestion to add some more information, I indeed
forgot to post the links to my some other messages on the mailinglist:

http://lists.opensuse.org/radeonhd/2008-10/msg00219.html
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2008-October/039624.html

I also tried a lot of other configuration, both official and randr 1.2
style configurations, not all are included in the logs or archives.

Best regards,

Jelle