[radeonhd] 0x95C4:0x1043:0x19D3: Radeon Mobility HD 3470
  • From: "Nick Curry" <buenavista@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 06:44:27 -0500
Hello,

Thanks for developing the RadeonHD driver, which opens up the world
of modern laptops to FreeBSD users. I'd like to report an
unsupported yet card: Radeon Mobility HD 3470. The laptop is
ASUS F7Se.

The driver doesn't detect this card (there's no signature in
rhd_id.c), and adding one there doesn't solve the problem: running startx or
xdm renders the screen blank. Connecting an external
monitor helped me see that all the X-related stuff actually
starts up and works properly, the only issue being the blank
laptop screen (I can't tell if it's still in text mode or not). However the
external monitor (LCD Viewsonic 18") gets initialized properly and
works fine. I just had to disable the Panel section in xorg.conf to pretend the
external monitor is the only one.

Attached are:

1. X.Org config file
2. X.Org log
3. xrandr output for dual-monitor setup

Regards,
Diego

--
See Exclusive Videos: 10th Annual Young Hollywood Awards
http://www.hollywoodlife.net/younghollywoodawards2008/