Re: [radeonhd] 0x791E:0x1043:0x8287: ATI Radeon 1250
  • From: "R.M. Thomas" <rmthomas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 22:54:58 +0100
Matthias Hopf wrote:
X.Org X Server 1.5.99.1

Did I miss something there? master is at 1.4.99 something.

Release Date: 5 September 2007

This doesn't look a recent Xserver. Did you get the right sources? Maybe
a wrong branch?

Coleman Kane wrote: > master is tracking 1.6 (1.5.99.x) development, the server-1.5-branch is
tracking 1.4.99.x development.

Should we be pulling from that, instead?

I tried to repeat the build with an older version of xserver by adding the single line

git-checkout -b server-1.4-branch

to my shell script immediately after the line "cd $SRC/xserver". But it seems this did not achieve what I intended (bad syntax?), because when I ran the new Xorg executable I got the same line

X.Org X Server 1.5.99.1

near the top of file /opt/xorg_git/var/log/Xorg.0.log. The behaviour was the same as before: I got a display but it was unresponsive to keyboard and mouse. I should add that in order to ensure a clean, fresh build, I deleted the source directory /var/tmp/radeonhd_dri and the output directory /opt/xorg_git before running my script.

Matthias Hopf wrote:

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Generic Keyboard"
Driver "kbd"
Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
Option "XkbLayout" "gb"
Option "XkbOptions" "lv3:ralt_switch"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Configured Mouse"
Driver "mouse"
Option "CorePointer"
EndSection
[...]
Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "Default Layout"
screen "Default Screen"

Missing

InputDevice "Generic Keyboard" "CoreKeyboard"
InputDevice "Configured Mouse" "CorePointer"

here for older Xservers that don't autoload these.

Before attempting to build with the older xserver I edited /etc/X11/xorg.conf to include the option "CoreKeyboard" for InputDevice "Generic Keyboard". (The option "CorePointer" for InputDevice "Configured Mouse" was already present.) This edit had no effect: the display still did not accept input from keyboard or mouse.

Mike
ASUS P2-M2A690G, AMD Athlon64 X2 4800+,
Ubuntu Hardy 32-bit, ATI Radeon 1250