Re: [radeonhd] State of DRI on r5xx
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 11:11:30 +0200
On May 28, 08 18:59:55 +0400, Vladimir Grebenschikov wrote:
Thanks, found already, finally, I've get it work! Great.

Thanks for your report!

vbook:/home/vova/src/mesa/progs/xdemos 131_> ./glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
Warning, RV515 detected, 3D HAHAHAHAHA!!.

There is a newer Mesa version (now everything is in master) that has
much improved r500 support.

stellarium (astro/stellarium)
Starts and even works, but does awful flicker and continuous lost of
sync (screen is instant jumping in different directions and shows lots
of extra artifacts)

Looks like the watermark issue. We know which registers to program, but
the values...

The different fifos in the chip have parameters of how urgent they are
to fill. If the display fifo gets stalled, you get glitches. DRI is
stressing the bus system, so you more easily get glitches.

Google-Earth started (under Linux emulation) but reported that works in
software GL emulation mode. Probably miss some Linux libraries.

No, you don't. Known issue.