Re: [radeonhd] State of DRI on r5xx
  • From: "Alex Deucher" <alexdeucher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 15:02:07 -0400
On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 2:46 PM, John Stoffel <john@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Russ" == Russ Dill <russ.dill@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Russ> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 11:01 AM, John Stoffel <john@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Matthias> - Some test on another r5xx GPU would be good.

I'd be happy to try and test your code on my RV535 chipset. I'm
running Ubuntu 8.04, and willing to update/compile my own packages.

If you can give me the directions on how to pull and compile your
changes, I'd be happy to give them a whirl.

Russ> I really wish there was a deb for ubuntu somewhere of a new
Russ> enough xserver.

I do too. Here's my initial attempt at a set of notes for getting,
building and installing all the latest parts for the RadeonHD stuff,
so I could at least help by testing stuff. Obviously, I ran out of
time and energy, since it's not well documented.

I can't believe that the RadeonHD developers don't have this written
down somewhere ,since I know I'd forget it all pretty darn quickly.

Any additions, or corrections appreciated.

Getting the latest DRM/Mesa code: 2008-04-29

> cd /var/tmp
> git clone git://cgit.freedesktop.org/~airlied/mesa
> cd mesa
> git-checkout -b r500test origin/r500test

> make linux-x86-64-debug PREFIX=/usr

You'll want the latest r500 stuff. the latest stuff is in mesa git on
the r500-support branch:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/log/?h=r500-support

git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/mesa
git checkout -b r500-support origin/r500-support

Getting the latest DRM/DRM code: 2008-04-29

> cd /var/tmp
> git clone git://cgit.freedesktop.org/~airlied/drm
> cd drm
> git checkout -b r500-fp origin/r500-fp
> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/
> make
> cd linux-core
> make
> cp *.ko /lib/modules/VERSION/kernel/drivers/char/drm/
- VERSION = uname -f

here again, this is old. You want drm master (no branch):
git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm

Getting the latest radeonhd driver: 2008-04-29

> cd /var/tmp
> git clone
> git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-radeonhd
- only needed once, or if you screw up completely
> cd xf86-video-radeonhd
> mkdir build
> cd build
> ../autogen.sh --prefix=/usr