[radeonhd] State of DRI on r5xx
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 22:51:11 +0200
As written earlier, DRI is now working on RS690. I'm mostly testing
glxgears & torcs so far. Performance is actually pretty decent.

There is still a number of issues remaining, but we're getting closer to
adding this to master. I'd love to update my personal repro, but X.org
is still suffering from the infamous ssl vulnerability issue.

I will post further development on my blog (yep, I have one now as well,
you just cannot escape those nowadays...). Major changes will be posted
to the mailing list as well, of course.

So go and read emmes.livejournal.com

What's missing before we can go to master?

- Some cleanup still has to be done. E.g. function names are still old
style and do not match at all what is used in the remainder of the
driver.

- Some code is still missing (memory map changes etc.)

- Some test on another r5xx GPU would be good.

Happy Weekend