Re: [radeonhd] help for: Failed to detect a connected monitor
  • From: darcsis@xxxxxxxxx (Denise H. G.)
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 22:26:19 +0800
Axel Burwitz <axel.burwitz@xxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi,

I need a bit advice on following error:

- have a X1250 on a AMD64 system with FreeBSD 7.0
- that works with Vesa driver (but unsufficient resolution for my
Samsung SyncMaster 226BW with 1680x1050)
- but when I try radeonhd it gives:

"(EE) RADEONHD (0): Failed to detect a connected monitor
(EE) Screen(s) found but none have a usable configuration

Fatal server error:
no screens found"

I tried variations with modeline on/off, PCI# on/off, but makes no
difference

Hi,

I guess this was due to the ATOM BIOS detection of radeonhd driver,
which was somewaht different from that of xf86-video-ati of version
6.8.0. The latter can detect and run for a while.

However, xf86-video-ati 6.8.0 will finally hang my FreeBSD
7-STABLE/amd64 (with acceleration on. If acceleration turned of, there
won't be any problems) Radeonhd won't, but it just can't fire up my
video card...

For any help thanks in advance!

Denise H. G. <darcsis-AT-gmail-DOT-com>