Re: [radeonhd] rs690 + xrandr produce broken screen
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 14:20:35 +0100
On Dec 20, 07 05:37:17 +0200, Elf wrote:
Do you have a DVI-D connector on this machine, and do you have a monitor
attached there?

I have dell inspiron 1721 laptop with one VGA (DIN-15) connector and
S-Video output. I'm using only integrates LCD-panel. I'm not sure what
connector it use.

Ok, buggered connector table. The LCD panel has an LVDS connector, but
that's not really visible to the user.

This connector table indicates that there is a DVI, and that it uses the
same output as the PANEL. Which doesn't make sense, and explains why
this happens.

I do as you say.
on first run,
xrandr --output PANEL --off -- does nothing
xrandr --output DVI-D_1 --off -- turns off display
xrandr --output PANEL --auto -- turns display on with good, correct image

That's what I wanted to hear :-)
Your problem will be solved soon. Either by a quirks table entry, or by
better connector table parsing.

P.S. After all i upgrades to latest version of driver with same results.

I'll notify you if something changes and should be tested.

CU