Re: [radeonhd] rs690 + xrandr produce broken screen
  • From: Ildar Mulyukov <ildar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 09:02:31 +0600
On 12.12.2007 00:21:17, Elf wrote:

When I'm turning on using Randr extension, my screen displays broken - some peaces of screen overlaps on it.

I'm using latest git-version of radeonhd driver (previous versions has the same problem).

Working resolution - 1440x900

There are my logs and config attached.

xranr.log is ouput of "xrandr -q" command screen2.jpg is photo of my laptop panel showing this problem. Red rectangle means real screen. Mplayer window is placed on left top corner, other window is placed on right bottom corner. So, there are 6 desktops on one screen :)
If i try to take screenshot of it, it's done without problems (resolution of result picture is 1440x900), so because i make such photo.

If i disable randr (option "NoRandr") everything works perfect.

I will provide you with additional info if it'll be need.

FYI, I'm using rs690 with notebook+external panel working perfectly.

BTW, If you want to use both PANEL and DVI, you should increase your "Virtual":
Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "Card0|0"
DefaultDepth 24
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
Virtual 2560 1024

Regards, Ildar
Ildar Mulyukov, free SW designer/programmer
email: ildar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ALT Linux Sisyphus