Re: [radeonhd] Signal 11 with ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 on Asus/M2A-VM HDMI motherboard
  • From: Johann Hanne <jhanne@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 06:54:55 +0100
Hi Patrick,

did you try the patch I posted a few days ago? The AtomBIOS connector table
seems to be f*cked up, my patch adds the DVI port by PCI id.

Cheers, Johann

On Tuesday 04 December 2007 23:04:53 Patrick Voigt wrote:
Matthias Hopf wrote:
On Dec 02, 07 18:51:30 +0100, Patrick Voigt wrote:
(EE) RADEONHD(0): RandR: No valid modes. Disabled.
(II) Module "ramdac" already built-in

Ok, two problems:

1) The driver doesn't detect any modes. Does is somewhat work with
Option "noRandR" ? I assume it doesn't detect any modes either, and
crashes at the same place.

No, it doesn't crash when I use the "noRandR" option.
The server now fails gracefully. :) I attached the logfile.

I think this is something Luc wants to handle, probably your connector
tables are wrong / misparsed. The log tells me that no monitor was found
at all

I just updated the bios to the most recent version available but this
didn't help either. Nevertheless the driver works perfectly when using
the VGA
instead of the DVI port.

Thanks for all your efforts,
Patrick