Re: [radeonhd] radeonhd driver with non-ATI PCI vendor ID
  • From: darcsis@xxxxxxxxx (Denise H. G.)
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 23:42:41 +0800
Yuri Ovcharenko <amwsoft@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi list.

I posted this as a bug

On my Samsung R24plusF000 laptop ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 has non-ATI PCI
vendor ID. As a result X does not start with radeonhd driver. I see "No device
found" in Xorg.log.

Video card presented in the system as:
Vendor ID: 0x0001
Device ID: 0x7188
Subsystem vendor ID: 0x144D
Subsystem device ID: 0xC515

Patch attached resolves this problem for me, but it is ugly for

After recompiling with this patch applyed my display starts in 1280x800
resolution which is native for my panel.

I have no experence with Xorg/Drivers so I do not know what is the right way
to add more PCI vendor IDs support.

Generally speaking, this is not a software bug any more. I guess
something wrong with your hardware configuration. Is this card the only
display device on your machine?

Sensible part of Xorg.log attached also.

Output from conntest is (with patch):
Unknown device: 0x0001:0x7188 (01:00.00)

Yuri Ovcharenko.