Re: [radeonhd] Radeon HD crashes Xorg on FreeBSD 6.3 amd64
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 14:37:03 +0100
On Nov 27, 07 13:00:47 +0100, Denis Saget wrote:
I am having trouble with an ASUS EAH2400Pro based on an ATI HD2400 Pro under
FreeBSD 6.3 amd64. The motherboard I use is an ASUS M2N32WS Pro.
When I launch "X" with a defaut config file or with the full configuration I
use
for my two HP1230 monitors, nothing else but garbage displays. Seconds later,
Xorg crashes with signal 6 and the system hangs and I cannot access it any
more,
I must reboot.

Must be an ancient driver, doesn't even have version information in the
log file!

Here are some "uname", "pciconf" and version of radeonhd driver I compiled
from
ports "xf86-video-radeonhd-0.0.2" :

0.0.2 is ancient as well.