Re: [radeonhd] Will the X1200 be supported?
  • From: Luc Verhaegen <libv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 09:18:29 +0100
On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 10:13:18AM +0530, onetwo jojo wrote:
Hey everyone,

perhaps we could use the sum of h/w & firmware capabilities to
uniquely identify the card.
Is the VBE bios s/w version different for each variant?

can we probe in software whether the card has an HDMI o/p or not, this
rules out atleast 1 card from the list.
...or something else along these lines ;-)

I have tried putting up a page for accurately describing the 1250
https://groups.google.com/group/x1250/web/ati-radeon-x1250-specifications
(any contributions to that is much appreciated)

-Jojo

We can find out whether the hardware has a HDMI or DVI connector from
the BIOS. What we cannot do yet is support this, as there were some
undocumented changes to this output subsystem, and we are still in the
process of acquiring this hardware.

Thanks,

Luc Verhaegen.
SUSE/Novell X Driver Developer.