Re: [radeonhd] No X and Unknown card detected - PowerColor X1950 Pro AGP
  • From: Hans Ulrich Niedermann <hun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:24:12 +0100
David Morgado wrote:

Now that I have radeonhd working I noticed some differences in the way
fonts are being rendered compared to the vesa driver or fglrx. Is this
normal / expected? For example, using Ubuntu Gutsy (7.10) at gdm login
screen the font of the username text field appear bold (fatter and
darker). And the anti alias doesn't seam as good as before. Anyway I'll
stay with this driver for now. Let me know if you need any more logs,
tests, etc.

This might just be caused by a different display DPI value reported by
the radeonhd driver. IIRC there was some work to be done in that area.

--
Hans Ulrich Niedermann