Re: [radeonhd] Initial RandR 1.2 support (for the brave of heart ;)
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 11:43:58 +0100
On Nov 11, 07 13:57:11 +0100, Michael Gaber wrote:
well i tried the branch tody and was shocked:
the display's totally garbled, i have funny green red and whatever
colored vertical lines, it seems i have a top-left aligned 800x600
desktop which repeats...

The log indicates that it tries to run 1024x768 on your panel. What size
is your panel actually?

Hm - did you have to use a monitor section in order to get the panel
running before? In that case you would have to add something like

Option "Monitor-PANEL_LCD1/LVDS/TMDS" "mymonitor"

to your Xorg.conf. RandR won't use your normal monitor section.

Otherwise, please send me also a log with the old driver running - I'm
not exactly sure how monitor detection works in an RandR environment,
and it's using the general functions not our own (which work fine for my
flat panel, but maybe not for you).

log is here: http://rafb.net/p/MNpYTg46.html