Re: [radeonhd] MSI Radeon HD 2600 XT (T2D512EZ)
  • From: Egbert Eich <eich@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:04:50 +0100

Hi Björn,

Björn Schlögl writes:
On Monday 29 October 2007 20:20:29 Egbert Eich wrote:
Now things look better but not good. I get the full resolution of the
monitor
but nothing is displayed and the whole 1920x1200 are white. I mean that each
pixel is just white...

Could you please use the VGA cable (and a DVI to VGA dongle)
and see if things change?

I attached the the new xorg log file.

I have found two strange entries in the log file. Mayby someone can explain
them:
(II) RADEONHD(0): The detected amount of videoram exceeds the PCI BAR
aperture.
(II) RADEONHD(0): Using only 262144kB of the total 524288kB.

and

(WW) RADEONHD(0): rhdAtomAllocateFbScratch: FW FB scratch area 536854528
(size: 16384) extends beyond available framebuffer size 268435456
(II) RADEONHD(0): Cannot get VRAM scratch space. Allocating in main memory
instead

Do those entries have a big negative impact on the performance of the
graphics
card? May they be the cause of my new problem? Do I need to inform the
driver, that I it is a PCIE graphics card?

VRAM is bigger than the PCI aperture for video memory.
This should not matter, however we've seen cases where
you have to add an offset to the location where the VRAM
lives. This may actually be the problem here.
This is something that we still need to address. Looking into it.